Copyright notice, disclaimer and privacy statement
Copyright Statement – © copyright
The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context.
Where any of the copyright items on this site are being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged. The permission to reproduce protected material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned. The Blackdown Healthy Living & Activity Centre encourages users to establish hypertext links to this site.
We have tried to ensure that all information we provide through this web site is correct at the time we included it. We apologise for any errors. We therefore do not guarantee the accuracy of these pages and any visitor using information contained in them does so entirely at their own risk.
This explains how www.bhlac.org.uk, uses any information you give to us via our website, and the ways in which we protect your privacy. (NB It is not intended to be a privacy statement in relation to information submitted to the charity by any other means.)
The Data Protection Act 1998
The Blackdown Healthy Living Centre is a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. We hold information for the purposes of operating the charity and certain other statutory functions as assigned by law. The charity complies with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to personal data which you give to us via our website to the extent that the Act requires it to do so. These principles restrict the powers of a data controller to disclose to third parties personal data which it is processing.
What information do we collect via the website?
We collect three main types of information from visitors to www.bhlac.org.uk:
- feedback (general questions and specific feedback on the website);
- email addresses from requests to join a mailing list
- site usage information (from our own and third-party cookies).
1. Feedback, questions and comments
You can send us your comments to our email feedback address or from our website questionnaire.If you send an email or letter to us or call us for information, once we have replied to you, we keep a record of your messages for reference and audit purposes.
2. Requests to join mailing lists
You can request to join our mailing list or ask us to remove your from one, at any time. This information will be used soley for the purpose of advising you of news and information about The Blackdown Healthy Living & Activity Centre. We will never pass or sell your details to a third party.
3. Site usage information
We record traffic to our site using third-party cookies. These place small amounts of information on your computer or mobile device. The information collected cannot be used to identify you personally. We collect this information to:
- measure how many people are using our online services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analyse anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with The Blackdown Healthy Living Centre services so we can make them better
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
What happens when I link to another site?
We do not pass on any personal information you have given us to any other site.