Cameo Club was established in Hemyock many years ago to provide companionship, activities and lunch for older residents in the village and surrounding areas. In 2010, Cameo moved to purpose-designed accommodation at the Healthy Living Centre, where the club is run by a dedicated and experienced team.
The team, lead by Tracy Howe, is able to care for the elderly and frail, and for those affected by memory loss. Support is also given to families of Cameo Club members.
- Cameo Club runs twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays, from 9.30am – 3.30pm
- Members may attend one day a week or both
- A typical Cameo day includes coffee and biscuits on arrival, lots of chatting, one or more activities, a good two course cooked lunch and tea
- Special diets are catered for
- Along with the staff, a lively, loyal group of volunteers help to provide a wide range of activities. These currently include exercise sessions, quizzes, card and board games, singing, learning to use the internet, bingo, bird watching, listening to music, arts and crafts, gentle gardening and visits from the on-site beauty therapist
- For Cameo members who wish to attend communion, there’s a monthly service
- For Cameo members who need foot care, we can schedule appointments with the Blackdown Support Group toe-nail cutting service. (Trained BSG volunteers visit the Centre twice a month.)
- We have a network of volunteer drivers to transport Cameo members to and from the Centre, at cost
- All staff and volunteers (including drivers) are DBS checked.
If you would like more information or wish to arrange a taster visit, please contact Tracy Howe on 01823 680687 or email email@example.com