Our volunteers are invaluable; we wouldn’t be able to do what we do without them. People choose to volunteer for a number of reasons and your time can make a difference in so many ways. Volunteering can provide an opportunity to:
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Learn new skills
- Make connections in your community
- Get a sense of fulfilment from supporting a good cause
- Have fun and make new friends!
We have many volunteering opportunities at the BHLAC:
- Volunteer driving
- Supporting the CAMEO team to entertain and support the members
- Supporting in the kitchen to provide 2-course meals on CAMEO, Brightside and Memory Café days
Friends of BHLAC
The Blackdown Healthy Living & Activity Centre is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. This means that we have members. Our members are Friends of the BHLAC. Friends of BHLAC are kept up to date with news and events at the Centre and are also entitled to participate and vote at our AGM.